Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho ......

I have been having so much fun creating for the starting of school.  I can remember the shopping, hearing my kids calling their friends to see if they got the same teacher, being excited and a little sad as I watched each child begin school, school pictures, football and soooooooooooooooooo much more.

Just another freebie for the weekend.

Preview:
You can download it at:



I just can't tell you how much fun it is for me to continue all this creating.  Each season/month brings new ideas to me.  It is like an unending source of fun.  I have always loved doing something new and this new endeavor has kept that ARTISTIC side of me so happy.  Not only does my blog fulfill that part of me.  I still find time to actually draw and paint .... and photography is just another canvas for me.  And, wordart is just the frosting!!!!  Many, many years ago .... I fell in love with the "poetry of words" I saw on other people's layouts and that is how it all began. 

Another, more important part of my personality is to give .... whether in my career as a nurse, volunteer work, school PTA/campfire when my children were small, helping when I lived through Hurricane Rita .... I love to help and give.  It is what I call my "gift" God gave me.  When I retired .... I soooooo missed that.  So, you see ... through this blog I continue to give.  It is my gift to all of you that visit.  It was the outlet I needed to enrich all the other things that are important to me ... my family, my friends and just everyday life.

Even, with all my stomach problems ..... there is that silver lining.  I am finally getting my weight off, I am really beating diabetes and I feel like I'm watching the unending battle with my weight finally, possibly for the first time that I think I will beat.  I so encouraged that this lifetime change is going to be permanent.  I have realized not only has the diabetes been a wake up call.  That the last five weeks is my body's way to speaking to me about the changes I must make and stick to .... just to be more healthy.  It's been like having a sledgehammer hit me .... and believe me .... PAIN is a powerful lesson.  Here's to the new me.

Hugs, Sue


1 comment:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 4 post on Jul. 28, 2012. Thanks again.