Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Where is the golden egg?

Do you have any special traditions when it comes to your Easter Eggs?  Do you hide plastic ones?  Do you hide real hard-boiled eggs?  Do you hide money eggs? 

In my home, my children grew up with many styles of "Easter Eggs".  When they were really small, the Easter Bunny brought plastic eggs. 

Then as they grew ... the tradition of colored hard-boiled eggs became part of each Easter, with my children painting, coloring their own special ones. 

Then as they became pre-teen there was the start of money eggs.  I'd make a trip to the bank and get loads of change filling each plastic egg with pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.  There was always a minimum of fifteen eggs for each one of my three and when they'd found fifteen that was it. 

As they became teenagers, the fun changed completely .... they still had money eggs but each had to contribute to the eggs if they wanted to hunt for them.  The requirement was $ 3.00 in coins and I hid three eggs with a $1.00 bill and one egg that said the word "Golden" inside and it held a $ 5.00 bill. 

This game has never stopped.  As they became young adults and they each got their own significant other the games continued.  None of their spouses had ever hunted for "money eggs".  Everyone had to contribute $ 3.00 in coins and I continued to add the one dollar bills and five dollar bill.  No one was allowed to play except the adults.  And, it was always John and I that hid the eggs.

As they have had children, if they do get together they like to continue this game among themselves and their friends.  No matter who plays $ 3.00 must be contributed.  It's funny, last Easter Drue(my son)  made me do this with his neighbors and I hid the eggs. 

And, ofcourse for my three even to today .... I always, always buy each of them anything made with "Reeses Pieces".

My freebie today is made for this tradition......


 
You can download this at:

I have done this two different ways for you.  One is just a wordart and the other is done with children, as that is my memory of the "Golden Egg".


5 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Love the button bunny. How sweet! Thanks.

Hugs,
Lisa

Edwina said...

This is so cute. I love your traditions. It is so fun to read them. It makes me smile. Thank you for sharing and the sentiment. Happy Easter! Edwina Brown

Administrator said...

I highlighted your blog and this freebie on my Friday's Guest Freebies today. I also shared it with 1,445 followers of my Free Digital Scrapbook Pinterest board. Thank you. http://www.scrapbookalphabet.blogspot.com/2013/03/fridays-guest-freebies-grands-9_29.html

Anonymous said...

Hello, Just stopped by to say

••·¨*:·HAPPY EASTER:*¨·••
__**_**
_**___**
_**___**_________*** *
_**___**_______**___ ****
_**__**_______*___** ___**
__**__*______*__**__ ***__**
___**__*____*__**___ __**__*
____**_**__**_**____ ____**
____**___**__**
___*___________*
__*_____________*
_*____0_____0____*
_*_______@_______*
_*_______________*
___*_____v_____*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Keep up the fabulous work.enjoy the day.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• sending hugs of comfort across the miles
snowbird

Silverbutterfly said...

Am missing you, hope all is ok with you and yours.

Silverbutterfly